Image Map

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm Having a Love Affair...

WITH MY HOUSE!! I've been dreaming of this day for years! Now that I finally have my own home I want to sit in it all the time.  Ok, not all the time.  I've been stuck on the couch for four days now with a bad bacterial infection.  I finally gave in today, got a shot in the booty and some antibiotics.  Normally I would love to sit on my couch without a care in the world, but I only have one week before I go back to school and I have TONS to do.

I only have a few pictures of the new house.  Chris got me an adorable bedsheet set from West Elm for my Birthday/Christmas present.  I love their stuff, but it is super expensive.  Since I'm not gifted with the thread, I have to give in when it comes to any DIY projects that would require extensive sewing.  So this is our new comforter set.  I still want to buy new decorative pillows, but this will do for now.  I might attempt to make some cute decorative flower pillows using fabric and hot glue.  More on that later!

 I'm in love with turquoise/aqua right now.  This paint color looked ALOT lighter on the paint swatch, but Chris and I have adjusted to the color just fine.  We I keep adding little details around the room to help soften the bright blue.  I covered our lamp shades with burlap for now.  Eventually I want new lamps, but I'm searching for the right ones with the right price.  You can kind of see the nightstands by the bed.  I scored those babies off of Craigslist for $35.  I painted them a light cream color and distressed them.  At first they felt too big, but now I love them.
 This picture shows the curtains we had when we first moved in.  They worked well in our old apartment, but I couldn't stand the length of them.  They had to go.
Thanks to a giftcard from Mom for Christmas I was able to purchase these babies.  They make the room look SO much better!! I'm in love!

I got my first comissioned project!  I painted an adorable antique side table for my sister-in-law for Christmas and she asked me to do her bedside tables the same way! Hooray! A real project! Things were going smoothly until I got sick.  Stupid little microorganisms.  I don't have a photo of her side table, but I am trying to be good about taking before/during/after photos of all my projects.

Speaking of, I have decided to start a new blog with all my fun furniture/craft projects. It is called Craptastic.  I know, classy!  You can find it  HERE. I wish I had started this earlier.  Since I start back to school in one week I won't have a lot of time to for DIY stuff, but I'll do what I can.

Remember this cute little side table I got at a yardsale this summer?  I scored it for $2 as is.  Chris helped me put it back together.  I liked the imperfect look of it, just not the wood color.  So I filled all the screw/nail holes and painted it yellow then antiqued it.  It is now on display in our hallway.  I love it!



I have quite a few projects to complete between now and next Wednesday.  I'm sure some of them will overlap into next weekend.  Since we only have a two day school week I figure I don't REALLY have to get into full swing just yet! = )  Here are some projects to come:

1.  Finish the S-I-L's bedside tables.
2.  Finish Start the kitchen stools I'm refinishing for Mom's Christmas present.
3.  Build a bookcase for my office.
4.  Paint the BEAUTIFUL antique desk I scored off of Craigslist this week.

I'll be a busy gal this weekend!! Cheers to antibiotics and a New Year!!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see your house! I bet it's so dang cute. I love seeing the pictures of what you've done so far. I also loove seeing the furniture you've refurbished, they all have turned out so great! You definitly have that eye you need to find beauty in ugly beat up furniture. Can't wait to see your future projects completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to come see my house!! I'll slowly put up more pictures of the inside. I just feel like I still have so many things to do! I love looking at all your cute projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely.. Its lovely to have a new home.. and there is always a love affair with your own home.. There just is..

    Love the pics you've posted.. and cant wait to see some more pics..

    I'm following you now.. and am hoping you'll pop by at Colours Dekor.. :-)

    ReplyDelete