I am so terrible at keeping up with my posts. I always stop by and look at my blog, think about doing a post, them get too lazy to do it.
Chris and I have had a lot of exciting news lately though! He started his job at the Murfreesboro Correctional Facility on August 31st. The only reason we had not purchased a home yet was because we were waiting for a job so we could qualify for a loan. Before he even started his first day I knew exactly which house I wanted... and it is the same one we're closing on this Tuesday!!

I am so excited... all I think about is the day I get the key and get to start decorating!! It is going to look fantastic! There is a lot of natural light in this home and it just feels so cozy! I'm very grateful that my Mom let us stay at her house for the past six months, but I'm very ready to be in my own home again!
I finished a new buffet to put in the living room last month. I found it off of Craigslist and painted it purple, then antiqued it with a brown glaze! I love it! This picture makes it look like a bright purple due to the flash, but the second picture shows the true color better. I'll have more pictures of it in the house once we get moved in.


Months ago I had mentioned a dresser I got off of Craigslist for $20. My sister-in-law and I worked on it with a little help from Chris. It ended up being a little more work than we anticipated. We had to rip the top off because it was particle board that had been left in the rain. Lowes cut us some board and we replaced the top. Not fun. It turned out great though!

I have a dresser in the garage now that is drying! I'm selling it on Craigslist tomorrow!! I wish I had more time to play with furniture, do well in school, and work on the new house, but for now I'll just have to balance it all the best I can. I'm definately ready for Christmas break so I can catch up on everything and be able to truly focus on school. Although I've been very busy and preoccupied, I'm still doing well in all my classes. I even made a correct diagnosis on Untold Stories of the ER today! = ) At least I know this stuff is sinking in a little bit.
Well, hope everyone has been having a great weekend! Mine always go by too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment